10 Common Beauty Mistakes
Over the years, I've had my fair share of beauty mishaps, and I've learned a lot from them. Today, I'm going to share my top 5 beauty mistakes for both skin and hair.
1. Over plucking your eyebrows can cause long term damage. Remember, natural brows are beautiful, just tidy them up a little bit. Praise the Lord for amazing brows pencils to correct all the years of over plucking.
2. Not using moisturizer will cause you to age more quickly. Moisturizer is the foundation for your face.
3. If you don't use a primer, you're just asking for your foundation to slide off your face. Primer makes your foundation last throughout the day.
4. Not washing makeup off before bed also does long term damage. It fills your pores and prevents your skin from breathing.
5. Not using a face mask once a week doesn’t damage your skin, but it does help it a lot. Face masks add extra vitamins and minerals your skin needs. Masks can brighten, hydrate, or detoxify the skin.
1. Only washing your hair once doesn’t get your hair clean. Think of your first rinse as breaking up the dirt in your hair, and the second rinse as cleaning your hair.
2. Don't apply conditioner all over your hair; it doesn’t help anything. It only makes your hair more greasy at the roots.
3. Using clarifier on your hair truly is the forgotten hair step everyone needs to be doing. A clarifier breaks down the product that has built up in your hair.
4. Use products that work with your hair type, and it will be easier to style. This is such an important step for getting the look you want.
5. Don't put your hair up while it is still wet! This is the worst thing to do to your hair, because it stretches the elasticity in your hair, and can create split ends in the middle of the hair shaft.